See It, Shoot It, Send It

Oily rags and hot temperatures caused mobile home fire

Updated: Thursday, August 21 2014, 11:31 PM PDT
Oily rags and hot temperatures caused mobile home fire story image
SUN VALLEY, Nev. -- Fire officials said that spontaneous combustion is to blame for the residential fire in Sun Valley on Wednesday.

According to a press release, Truckee Meadows Fire officials said the blaze was accidental, and caused by spontaneous combustion of oil-soaked rags used for staining furniture. Officials said rags were left on the outdoor, wood deck and hot afternoon temperatures played a role in a chemical chain reaction.

Truckee Meadows Fire Chief Charlie Moore said oily rags are the summertime equivalent of fireplace ash in the winter.

The residents were able to get out safely, but parts of their home were damaged.Oily rags and hot temperatures caused mobile home fire
comments powered by Disqus
advertisement

Talkers

advertisement