800 Linden St
Scranton, PA 18510
The University of Scranton is a private, co-educational Jesuit university, located in Scranton, Pennsylvania, in the northeast region of the state. The school was founded in 1888 by Most Rev. William O'Hara, the first Bishop of Scranton, as St. Thomas College. It was elevated to a university in 1938, taking the name the University of Scranton. The institution was operated by the Diocese, and later the Lasallian Christian Brothers, from 1888 to 1942. In 1942, Bishop William Joseph Hafey invited the Society of Jesus to take charge of the university. Today, the University of Scranton is one of 28 member institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. Around 30 Jesuits are normally in residence at Scranton.
Contact: Dr. Bill Wallick Phone: 570-941-4128